AI Engineer in training at ESH MEDIAS W/M
Subsidiary : ESH MEDIAS
Contract type: Temporary contract - 18 months
Work time: Full time
Salary 3000 CHF - 3000 CHF / month
The ESH Media Group, created in the early 2000s, is active in the regional press, mainly in French-speaking Switzerland, through its key media brands Le Nouvelliste, ArcInfo, and La Côte. These media are available on all digital media as well as on paper and are firmly rooted in their region. They are credited with very strong print and digital audiences and therefore with an unrivaled penetration rate in their distribution territory. This strong presence in our regions is reinforced by various complementary activities (e-commerce, digital display, job board, webagency, etc.) which aim to create a high-performance ecosystem for both our readers and our advertisers. The Group displays the ambition to be a player committed to serving its communities both through the quality, targeting, relevance and exclusivity of its editorial production, and through a range of services for its customers (readers as well as advertisers) which aim to create links, connect, promote the life and economic and social development of the our regions.
In a fast-evolving context where printed media struggle to offer services that can keep with the digitalization trend, ESH Médias needs to innovate in order to provide an inclusive information service, where Text-to-Speech digital technologies will allow Le Nouvelliste to increase, rather than to lower, the information accessibility and the user experience of news consumption. ESH Medias is located in the town of Nyon between Geneva and Lausanne.
For frequently asked questions (FAQs) about living in Switzerland, please go to http://www.idiap.ch/en/faq
Our company is employing a student in the framework of Idiap's applied Master in artificial intelligence course curriculum. Successful candidate will work on our Text-to- speech project during 18 months, while learning AI theoretical skills based on Idiap’s online courses available on the Swiss Distance Learning University platform. Theoretical courses represent about 50% of the workload.
The second half of the work is dedicated to the applied learning through the development of our Text to speech project. In collaboration with the Idiap’s R&D team, the candidate will have to:
- Build, improve and extend speech models which can include text-to-speech models or speech analysis models
- Understand and implement state-of-the-art academic research papers and apply novel algorithms to large volumes of real-life data.
- Work closely on product delivery roadmap (including the development of an operational dashboard).
- Help the team to improve upon current methods and models.
- Have a practical mindset and are able to bring these models into a production environment.
- Support and implement coding for Natural Language processing and speech recognition to enable add-on capabilities such as advanced analytics, conversational tech.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Text to speech service or similar
- Experience in speech processing and knowledge of phonetic and linguistic concepts would be a distinct advantage
- Strong programming ability in python and/or C++ or similar and source code creation and control tools