AI Engineer in training at SYNCHROTECH W/M
Subsidiary : Synchrotech
Contract type: Temporary contract - 18 months
Work time: Full time
Salary 3000 CHF - 3000 CHF / month
Synchrotech helps companies who want to boost their competitiveness, improve their operational efficiency, and drive their performance by analyzing and leveraging their data. We innovate for the Corporate functions of the companies through a hybrid consulting which delivers:
- Advice for the top managers on organizational transformations and data strategies;
- Analytical and forecasting projects for Business Managers to challenge their activities and provide them reliable processes: Business Analytics, Enterprise Intelligence, Performance Management, Business Process Management;
- Technological means and Data expertise to IT and Data & Analytics Services to help them adapt their information systems and streamline their data flows.
Active for clients in various industries such as retail, hospitality, food, etc. Synchrotech focuses on the heart of the data to provide added value.
Our headquarter is in Martigny, a scenic region in the south of Switzerland, surrounded by the highest mountains of Europe, and offering exceptional quality of life, exciting recreational activities, including hiking, climbing, and skiing, as well as varied cultural activities. It is within proximity to Lausanne and Geneva.
Please visit our website for more information: https://synchrotech.ch/en/.
To support our innovative initiatives in Machine Learning, Synchrotech is looking for a student in applied Master in artificial intelligence course curriculum. Upon selection, the candidate will work on a specific project(s) for 18 months, while learning AI theoretical skills based on Idiap’s online courses available on the Swiss Distance Learning University platform.
Theoretical courses represent about 50% of the workload. The applicant will have to follow the theoretical training and pass the exams.
The second half of the work is dedicated to the applied learning through the development of a project linked to clustering, classification (…) or prediction algorithms, which will contribute to extend our existing ML Library. In collaboration with our consultants’ team, the candidate will have to:
- Identify development opportunities to support innovation at Synchrotech for its customers;
- Define and implement a development project, in agreement with the innovation manager.
We are looking for people available for a full-time position and with a Bachelor of Sciences in Computer Sciences. Mastering of programming languages like C++ or Python is mandatory. SQL skills are relevant and practical experience using SQL is nice-to-have. Synchrotech working language is French and courses will be in English.
In return, we are offering a paid training, as well as a very dynamic and flexible working environment. Our company is located a few minutes’ walk from the Martigny rail station. We also offer various at work activities to our employees.