AI Engineer in training at Syngenta W/M
Subsidiary : Syngenta
Contract type: Temporary contract - 18 months
Work time: Full time
Salary 3000 CHF - 3000 CHF / month
Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
Monthey is the largest and most complex of Syngenta’s Crop Protection sites, operating in both Active Ingredients production in two distinct areas New AI’s and established AI’s.
To strengthen its expertise in the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Syngenta Monthey is looking for a : AI Engineer in training 100% (starting date: February 2022)
AI Engineer Trainee – 18 months (m/f/d)
You will evolve within the Engineering Expertise Team in charge of the development and management in standards of the site. This multidisciplinary team is composed of different experts by sector of activity, from mechanics to computer science, at the service of production teams.
Sponsored by the Head of AI Manufacturing, this Master is a recognized, flexible and professionalizing training in line with recent developments in our company.
It has many advantages:
- Combines Project within Syngenta and theoretical distance learning courses
- Diploma recognized in Switzerland and abroad
- Personalized follow-up and close contact with teachers and researchers thanks to e-tools
- Acquisition of professional skills in parallel with theoretical education
During 18 months, for the 1st part of the work, the applicant, for the applied Master in artificial intelligence, will have:
- to learn AI theoretical skills based on Idiap’s online courses available on the Swiss Distance Learning University platform, which represent 50% of the workload
- to follow the theoretical training and pass the exams
The second part is dedicated to the applied learning through the development of a project linked to an area of Syngenta. For that purpose, the applicant will have to define the scope and to implement a development project, in agreement with a steering committee.
- Conduct a state-of-the-art review of existing approaches to production data
- Carry out a preliminary study to identify the most promising approaches
- Implementing new data connectors to implement these approaches in an industrial and standard way
- Define test protocols for the different models
- Validate or invalidate models and approaches according to predefined protocols
- All documentation should be written in French, possibly in English to allow collaborative work with other English-speaking Syngenta sites.
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits including:
- Competitive pension fund plan,
- Impactful work in a stimulating and international environment
- Flextime working arrangements with an open culture and diverse workforce
- The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees
- Free parking
- Bachelor in Computer Sciences or an equivalent degree
- Ideally a Master’s degree in mathematics, informatics, artificial intelligence, technology or science
- Expertise of Python is mandatory, ideally also C++
- Advanced level in English (oral and written)
- Team spirit
- Ability to understand and assimilate new information
- Be able to popularize complex concepts