Senior System Engineer based in Singapore F/H
Etablissement : Broadpeak Singapour Office
Type de contrat : CDI
Temps de travail : Temps plein
At Broadpeak, our mission is to deliver your favorite TV show, the final season of that serie you’ve been longing for, important breaking news or that documentary that will open new perspective. Whatever the content, whatever the device, we want the best video experience for all!
Our teammates are the reason of our success, and they have made it a fast-growing company with an average of 35% growth yoy for the past 5 years.
Created in 2010, as a spin-off from Technicolor (now Vantiva), by 6 visionaries who had a dream of ascending to the top, we are now almost 350 people across the world working on the future of streaming! Our customers are the leading video service providers in the world, in more than 50 countries.
Context and Missions
The candidate will be responsible for providing technical support to Broadpeak customers who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex system problems involving Broadpeak and associated equipment.
The candidate will also participate in post-sales delivery services: installation & integration (commissioning, acceptance, and training) on Customer’s platforms and demonstrations of Broadpeak systems to prospective clients and partners.
The role requires close liaison with external customers and with specialists in the Broadpeak internal Engineering, Operations & Sales departments. The candidate needs to be sufficiently mobile to be able to support activities within Asia with assignments potentially lasting one or two weeks.
Main Responsibilities :
- Provide first and second level support to customers. Be the primary contact for Broadpeak customers and for Broadpeak Support for escalation of support issues and follow through to resolution.
- Ensure the compliance to the SLA contractual commitments towards our customers in terms of response time, service continuity and final resolution delay.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance tasks to maximize our customer’s Quality of Service, and pro-actively propose improvement solutions.
- Report and track design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design/software engineering.
- In coordination with Delivery services team, to manage all aspects of on-site installation, commissioning and training services for new customers.
- Support Sales activities on a technical level at exhibitions and conferences. This includes assisting with planning and the setup and presenting of demonstrations.
University degree in computer science, electronic engineering, or telecommunications related field.
Minimum 2 years of direct experience in a technical support organization in a broadcast, communication, satellite, cable, telco or a similar networking environment.
Significant expertise in the following area is desirable
- Good hands-on experience on Linux operating system
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- IP network switching and routing protocols
- Internet protocols such as FTP, HTTP, RTSP, TCP, and SSH
- XML, HTML
- Content Delivery Networks
- Streaming video technologies
- IPTV, Cable TV & OTT TV system architectures
- Virtualization experience with VMware, AWS or Azure.
Good writing ability and presentation skills.
- Based remotly or in Singapour Office
- Be prepared to undertake both desk-based and practical hands-on work assignments.
- Be willing to travel primarily within Asia as required.
- Be willing to perform out-of-business hours “on call” tasks.
And it’s not all about work! From poker games to barbecue parties, and outdoor running sessions – you won’t regret joining the multicultural team and will for sure enjoy the friendly atmosphere!
Le poste n'est plus à pourvoir.