Postdoc position in Machine Learning (robustness, generalization, adaptation, model editing, large language models) W/M
Subsidiary : Machine Learning
Contract type: Fixed-Term contract
Work time: Full time
Idiap is an independent, not-for-profit, research institute
accredited and funded by the Swiss Federal Government, the State of
Valais, and the City of Martigny.
Idiap offers competitive salaries and working conditions at all levels in a dynamic, multicultural environment. Idiap is an equal opportunity employer. We specifically encourage women and minorities to apply.
Idiap is located in the town of Martigny in Valais, Switzerland, offering exceptional quality of life, exciting recreational activities, including hiking, climbing and skiing, as well as varied cultural activities. It is within close proximity to Lausanne and Geneva. Although Idiap is located in the French part of Switzerland, English is the official working language.
For frequently asked questions (FAQs) about living in Switzerland, please go to https://www.idiap.ch/en/faq
The Machine Learning group at Idiap invites applications for a 2-year postdoctoral position. This exciting opportunity is a chance to work on robustness in machine learning applied to modern LLMs. This position will involve close collaboration with the “Reasoning & Explainable AI” group at Idiap and the Social Intelligence startup/scale-up Bloom. The candidate will have a central role in a project aiming to advance the state-of-the-art in the adaptability, generalization, and training efficiency of LLMs.
The appointment for this position is for 24 months, starting as soon as possible, with perspectives for renewal depending on funding availability.
Informal inquiries can be addressed to damien.teney at idiap.ch
Formal applications are to be made at www.idiap.ch/en/join-us/job-opportunities
The applicant will have the chance to work on cutting-edge topics, which are expected to result in high-quality publications. The applicant will be expected to lead his or her own research while interfacing with a team of junior and senior researchers as well as software engineers. Ample computational resources are available to conduct the proposed research. The postdoc will also have access to opportunities for career development through collaborations with both academic and industrial partners.
* Ph.D. degree (or close to completion) in Computer Science or another relevant discipline.
* Track record of scientific contributions in machine learning, NLP, and/or computer vision, evidenced by high-quality first-author publications.
* Experience and/or willingness to develop large deep learning-based projects in a team.
* Solid English communication skills (scientific writing and speaking)
* Confident in Python programming and experience with relevant modern libraries.
* Expertise in any of following areas is a plus but not required: OOD generalization, domain adaptation and generalization over time, editing large language model
- English - Level advanced
This position has been filled.