Post-doctoral position in Neuro-symbolic Learning & Reasoning W/M
Subsidiary : Neuro-Symbolic AI
Contract type: Fixed-Term contract
Work time: Full time
Idiap is an independent, not-for-profit, research institute
accredited and funded by the Swiss Federal Government, the State of
Valais, and the City of Martigny.
Idiap offers competitive salaries and working conditions at all levels in a dynamic, multicultural environment. Idiap is an equal opportunity employer. We specifically encourage women and minorities to apply.
Idiap is located in the town of Martigny in Valais, Switzerland, offering exceptional quality of life, exciting recreational activities, including hiking, climbing and skiing, as well as varied cultural activities. It is within close proximity to Lausanne and Geneva. Although Idiap is located in the French part of Switzerland, English is the official working language.
For frequently asked questions (FAQs) about living in Switzerland, please go to https://www.idiap.ch/en/faq
The Idiap Research Institute invites applications for a postdoctoral position in Neuro-symbolic Learning & Reasoning.
This is an exciting opportunity for working at the interface between fundamental and applied Machine Learning, on methods which can merge the flexibility of neural approaches with the control and transparency of symbolic AI.
This position is part of a strategic initiative at Idiap to support cross-research group collaborations within the institute and catalyze broader societal/economic impact.
Appointment for the position is initially for 24 months (with the perspective of renewal depending on performance and funding).
- Hold a Ph.D. degree in computer science or related fields (or close to completion).
- Have a background in applied and/or fundamental machine learning (NLP, CV, Biomedical) evidenced by high-quality publications.
- Previous project experience in developing complex AI based models.
- Solid English communication (scientific writing and speaking).
- Be very comfortable in writing scientific proposals and papers.
- Be very comfortable engaging with industrial and clinical partners.
- Confident in Python programming
- Pytorch experience
- A background in neuro-symbolic methods and ML for scientific applications will be considered a plus.
- Experience with biomedical applications will be considered a plus.
The postdoc candidate will work under the supervision of Andre Freitas, in collaboration with other researchers at the institute.
Positions will remain open until they have been filled.
- English - Level advanced
This position has been filled.